Monday, May 21, 2012

May 21, 2012

We're teaching uhhh
Ebenezer, Millicient, Bob Lewis, Brother Davis, Mike Nyarko,
Charlotte, Mary Saacky, Precious, Eric, Evelyne, Paul Wesley, Adama,
Augustine, Hagar, etc.

Brother Davis? He has legs. But he's not very mobile. Just like an old
person back home haha. Umm but we've been able to get him a ride to
church so far, and he's read up to Alma 51 which is wayyyyyy farther
than any other Ghanaian that I've met. We're thinking he'll be
baptized next month. He's seriously the coolest guy ever. He asked us
before we asked him, When am I going to be baptized?

We've had 1 baptism. Ebenezer. He hasn't gotten confirmed because the
week after was general conference, then the next week he didn't have
money to come to church, then it was stake conference, now we're just
hoping he'll be able to get some money somehow for next week. He's a
really powerful guy. We had a lesson with him on sacrifice and asked
him if it came to that point if he would walk to church and he said
yes. (It's like an hour or more walk, but he's a young guy and he has
a strong testimony so we thought it was appropriate)

Ya the kids go to school at public schools and some go to boarding
schools where they don't stay at their own house.

Mm I'd say they have pretty decent size familys here. I don't see the
family's sitting together at church though. I'm not sure if it's the
culture or what though.

I haven't worn my sandals yet. But I had to buy some today because my
shoes got soaked at Elmina castle. I was trying to get crap off my
shoe and a big wave came in and soaked me..

My favorite thing to do on P-days is relax.

You're fine with the snail mail. I don't really mind. It's nice to get
some though. Ya I got your talks, they were really good and made me
want to make my fasts more meaningful. I love that scripture from
Isaiah.

What can you do for me.. Hmmm... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Get Emily to move
back to Utah by the time I get home haha.

Love you all

Elder Adair

No comments:

Post a Comment