Monday, February 17, 2014

February 17 2014

Hey mom,
Sorry mom Just don't worry everything is always fine in Ghana.
It started raining last week and before I was able to send my email last week the power went out. And our village being so far away from the place we email I had to wait a week to email again.
Haha I'm sure I'll just be nervous for the talk for the fact that I'll be in front of a bunch of white people again. Does dad know what my topic is or how long the talk is suppose to be?
Wow that's a cool story of our ancestor. So most of our ancestors were from Sweden and England? That's sweet that their stories are getting so easy to access. And that's cool that she was one of the people to see Brigham Young as the one chosen to continue to lead the church.
This week for us.
Well first Elder Collette came for his first time to our chapel in Odoben. And I was joking to the 2nd counselor that he should give him a 20 minute talk and added that I was just joking. But apparently he liked the idea anyways and had Elder Collette give a talk. Elder Collette gave a talk on Faith. But I guess now that we've been missionaries it's not to difficult to think of a quick talk to give to the members. Especially in Ghana.
Elder Collette loves to chase the little kids. And the little kids have been even more scared of us recently. The other day a lady was holding her two kids and they just started screaming at the top of their lungs. The lady called us over and she was getting a good laugh at the two kids screaming at us because we were white.
    As well Elder Collette scared a little kid who was drinking his porridge and the little kid freaked out and threw the porridge at him.
   One night Elder Collette chased a little kid down the street and the kid left his sandals behind and took off.
At night I've been enjoying Kili Wili. The fried bananas. Elder Collette loves Fufu so we've been enjoying that too.
With Contacting we've been trying to get members to help us find people to teach and then just doing a lot of street contacting.
On Sunday we went to pick our one sort of serious investigator Sis Alberta but she had slept over at her church's mission house haha.. So yup.. Haha this past week during our Weekly Planning I just had a burst of laughter just to let out the stress as we saw that we wouldn't even be able to give a solid baptismal date until around the time I leave Ghana. Elder Collette has a good attitude so that's nice and he's a hard worker as well so it's nice when he gives suggestions of things we can do as well throughout the day.
The power has been going out every day this past week. I guess they're working on the power lines. I don't mind it at all though. I sleep fine without a fan. I haven't been making any stews so nothing's been getting spoiled in the fridge. I've been getting lucky by getting to iron my shirt before the power turns off. And there's been just enough pressure for our water to fill up a bucket for showering when the power is out.
I did a Instruction on Working with Members during District Meeting on Tuesday. And just compared an investigator who had a member friend helping them as they were converted compared to someone who didn't have a friend as they were converted. I think it was a good thing to instruct on as 3 of them were brand new missionaries and one of the biggest challenges on mission is just finding someone who is solid and will remain converted.
Let's see last Monday we did a service project as a Zone and painted a childrens schoolhouse.
The mosquito's seem to be out lately because I've been getting bitten a lot recently I might start putting on Mosquito Repellant.
Elder Mafundityala from South Africa is the other new missionary in our apartment. He's had some funny stories to tell us. Including a story about going to the bush to become a man. It's an interesting story but I guess I'll leave to tell it to you in person haha.
At night we're still playing games. Elder Loader doesn't really like games but he'll play every now and then. Elder Mafundityala loves the Monopoly Deal though.
He also likes to switch off the pump when we're showering. So Elder Collette made a plan to turn off the pump and lights at the same time and tell him the power went out. It worked pretty well.
Last night we taught a solid referal named Brother Capture. I'm not sure of his real name yet, but I think he will be a solid investigator from what we saw so we're praying. He's 17 and turning 18 in a couple months soo we will see.
Love you Mom talk to you soon
Elder Adair

No comments:

Post a Comment